Parents/carers and our local community play a big part in helping out in the classroom and organising fun activities and fundraising events for our school. We’re always keen to welcome new faces to volunteer and contribute, just as many wonderful people have done over the years.
Our FUNdraising volunteer team is a sub-committee of the School Association, helping to improve our school facilities and learning environment.
Each year the FUNdraising team organises a variety of activities to bring our school community together, raise funds and support chosen charities. In recent years this has included:
- K-2 and 3-6 discos
- Election day BBQs
- Athletics carnival raffles and refreshment stalls
- Ice cream days
- Family travel raffle
- Spring bulb orders
- Mother’s and Father’s Day craft
- Car boot sale & bbq
- Clothes Swap night (with surplus clothes donated to the Salvos)
- Donations to Okines Breakfast Club, Grade 5 bike safety training (NRMA grant 2012), Grade 6 leavers events, the Fight Cancer Foundation (Footy Colours Day), the ABC Giving Tree (Ice Creams)
- Donation of home readers (thanks to Dollarmites School banking commissions)
- Donation to run Bravehearts child safety session for K-2 students May 2014 (thanks to a donation from the Sorell Community Bank Branch of Bendigo Bank)
…and a School Fair. Traditionally every two years, the fair in 2013 celebrated the school’s 25th anniversary and raised $9000 towards our playground equipment project.
Ideas, feedback and enthusiastic helpers always welcome! Please contact us for details or to be added to the Fundraising team or the School Association email lists.
Or if Facebook is your thing, ‘like’ Dodges Ferry School Association to keep in touch.