"This will be a great talk from a world renowned author and speaker on raising boys,and it's happening right here in Dodges Ferry! Our teachers will all be attending as part of their professional development. If you have boys I highly recommend you coming along. Steve has very kindly reduced his ticket prices for us, so this a golden opportunity to hear him speak." Caroline Hyland (DFSA Chairperson)
Steve Biddulph will be at our school next Tuesday (25 October) in the GP Room at 7.30 pm. Please click on the link to book a seat:
Steve will be selling his books on the night for $20 (cash only).
We are asking for donations from families of baked or bought biscuits/slices for the supper. Donations can be left at the office before or on the day. Please notify the office or Caroline Hyland (0409848245) if you can help with a supper donation.
A youth Dance Party with a difference run by Youth Okines and Okines Community House. with a series of exciting workshops leading up to the event including DJing, Vjing and Festival Art Instillation.. please invite all your friends to the event and share this page around to stay up to date with whats going on 🙂
Dodges Ferry School Association IncThe Dodges Ferry gym has been transformed into an amazing dance party space for this all-ages youth event. Entry by gold coin donation 5pm-9pm. Children under 12 must be supervised by an adult at all times.2 weeks ago
Were you were one of randomly selected parents/carers to get a letter inviting you to complete the school satisfaction survey? If so please can you complete by the end of tomorrow, 16 September, which is the cut off date. Your input would be greatly appreciated and goes along way to developing the school. ... See MoreSee Less
A Day on the Marsh is happening tomorrow!
A few reminders...
* Old shoes are a good idea if you are planning to go on any of the guided walks. Please take care as areas of the Saltmarshes are very slippery.
* We all love our dogs, but please leave them at home as this event is about the birds!
* This is an alcohol-free event - buy a lovely coffee from aliCart instead!
* While there is parking on site, why not arrive via the beach? For a very short walk, there is some parking at the end of River Street. If you fancy around a 20 minutes very scenic beach & river walk, park at the Carlton Park Surf Club at the end of Raprinner Street or if you are up for a 3km+ walk, park at Park Beach car park. Even better ride a bicycle along the beach and arrive in time for treats and coffee at aliCart or a breakfast bacon & egg burger at the Bbq!
* If you do drive in, take care as people will be walking on the road.
See you there!A Day on the Marsh is happening tomorrow!
Congratulations to the 2016-17 committee elected at our Annual General Meeting: parents Caroline, Bruce, Lynsey, Luke, Angelique and Nick; staff Ang, Tam and Xanath; community representatives Denise (Okines) and Ellen (Gumnuts); and Principal Pieta McKay. dodgesferryschool.org/contacts/
A huge thank you to everyone involved in the past year too. Road safety and the Education Act review were hot topics, we funded and produced the delightful 'When I Grow Up' road safety campaign, made mosaics and celebrated wetlands at Lagoon Park, and our fabulous school community raised an impressive $10,000 at the school fair and barbecues that has funded activities across all grades: books for the Raising the Bar literacy program, drama resources, science equipment, Grow & Learn at Okines Community Garden, musical equipment and Lego sets, as well as transport to sports and Grade 6 camp. Well done! dodgesferryschool.org/meetings/agm-18th-august-2016/... See MoreSee Less